Saturday, August 9, 2014

The August Flowers

it's August and people are coming to the gallery regularly...
the flowers are booming everywhere!
no "lawyers, guns and money" can stop that...
yesterday a couple came up the drive while I was on the phone...
I signaled I'd be right with them...
they said,  "if it's ok, we only came to look at the flower beds"...
I smiled, a little confused and said " sure, that's just fine",
 feeling apologetic about their "wildness",  I finished the call...
afterward, chuckling to myself... thinking... wondering...
when I moved here, who would have thought
people would eventually come up the drive, just to see the flower beds...
never would  I have imagined  such a thing...
they weren't here...
now, people do and I'm left quietly smiling and thinking, YES, it worked...

No comments:

Post a Comment